Thursday 1 March 2012

lazy cooks strawberry and white chocolate gateaux

Hello all.Its strawberry time.....when I thought of baking this cake I had two boxes of strawberries in the house....by the time I got back from my walk..I had none!......it magically dissapeared into stomach's unknown ....now I HAD to make this cake...it happens sometimes,when i just HAVE to make something.so I decided the next best thing would be to use the strawberry crush....and then add white chocolate chips to the cake and finish it off with a white chocolate icing.....I was pretty pleased with the whole thing!
INGRDS
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking pdr
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/2 cup strawberry crush
100 gms melted butter
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
METHOD
1.Sieve the flour with the salt,baking soda,baking pdr and toss the white chocolate chips in.
2.Beat the eggs,sugar,butter,essence and the strawberry crush...(i used my blender)....add this to the dry ingrds......and bake in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 mins(at 180 deg  C).bake till a skewer comes out clean.
3. Let the cake cool.in the meanwhile prepare the icing
4. I used the "best frosting in the world"...and added melted white chocolate to it.
INGRDS FOR THE FROSTING
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
100 gms white chocolate
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
METHOD
1.Heat the flour and milk together..till thick...let it cool then add the vanilla essence.
2.Side by side melt the white chocolate in a double boiler(fill a bowl with water...let it come to a boil..put another smaller bowl in this with the chocolate)
3.Beat the sugar and butter till nice and fluffy,add the cooled flour mixture..beat again..then add the melted white chocolate...........
4.To half the frosting add the white choc. chips.
5.Split the cake in half.....spread the white choc. chip frosting,put the other cake half back on and spread the rest of the frosting.
6.Sprinkle some coloured sugar on top.


mixing the white chocolate in
spread half the mix here





7.Really nice.......except that maybe it was too much of a good thing.......the next time i'm going to reduce the frosting to half!my kids really freaked out.......but my cavities were crying!So guys...try half out first.
sending this tohttp://anjali-cooklog.blogspot.in/2012/02/announcing-my-first-event-cakes-cookies.html
and tohttp://ramyasrecipe.blogspot.in/2012/03/abc-series-fruit-fiesta.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/oKQkr+(Ramya's+Recipe...)

19 comments:

  1. Nice bake dear, looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and looking so yummy .u made pt perfectly......

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....yummy cake....i loved your frosting part........great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely. Beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks superb. I love the bright pink color of the crush. Lovely..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so gorgeous and perfectly done dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cake..yummy !!Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Simran! I have been too daunted to try frosting my cakes.. also because there are no kids in my house and my husband won't touch frosting. I continue to be amazed when i see a home made cake decorated with frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice ..will try it...have never tried frosted cakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so lovely in splendid white like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very yummy and creamy cake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks awesome and love the addition strawberry in the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for linking with my event

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...the cake looks absolutely delicious dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. U have ana ward in my space.accept it.here is the link.......Thank u......
    http://mahaslovelyhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/potato-sandwichaloo-sandwichaward-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow..wht a fantastic recipe! Cake looks so yum Simran!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous cake, looks very yum..

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete