Monday 16 April 2012

lazy cooks jelly custard


Hi there.............this is a really easy dessert to do.and it goes down really well with the kids.actually the hubby too!On those days that I feel like a real kaamchor(lazy?..I  don't think lazy captures the essence of the word..but its somewhere there). I forgot to take the pictures of the ingrds....I did mention the k word!
INGRDS
1 packet red coloured jelly(strawberry,cherry,rasberry).I used strawberry
1 banana
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 heaped tablespoon custard pdr
METHOD
1.Prepare the jelly with 400 mls of water(instead of 500mls).....divide into 4 glasses.
2.Preapare the custard.Heat 1 cup of milk with the sugar.let it come to a boil..........dissolve the custard pdr in 1/2 cup of cold milk........then add to the boiled milk..and stir away.it will become nice n thick.
3.Chop up the banana and add to the custard....now divide equally in the 4 glasses....leave to set..in the refrigerator......serve cold.



There's one more thing...in one brain dead moment in december....I signed up for further studies(shudder...shudder)..I'm doing a post graduate course in psychology and another in guidance and counselling.........why?.I did mention brain dead!Now the thing is....that these fellows are not just handing out the degrees I have to actually study(boo hoo) and submit assignments!..which means that I am going to be missing for a bit now,I'm going to "not" access the net till I submit those horrid little assignments....only because I have absolutely no will power....I kind'o log on in the morning...and before you know it ....its lunch time.....time flies when you're having fun!.so guys I'll see you in a few days...take care.

28 comments:

  1. great jelly custard! vibrant colour.. n good luck on ur studies.. don't we all hate it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice colour!!.. all the best :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very tempting jelly custard dear... best of luck for ur studies....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious & tempting dessert! Good Luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! A great refreshing dessert for a dinner party! Thanks for sharing X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so colorful and delicious dear... Loving it

    ReplyDelete
  7. i remember u had made the mango version of this dessert when i visited you back in 2006 (wow long time)... still think of the yummy taste at times...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo so tempting let`s do this in next 2 days ;;;;yum yum thanxz manisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like a perfect kick start for the summerrrr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good. I make something very similar too. Good luck with all the assignments.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so colourful and yummy dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely desert .. loved the texture .. btw best luck for assignments :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super refreshing and catchy dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummy colorfull dessert ..cool and simple

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely not just for kids! Lovely recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great, the colours are striking! We all have lazy days in the kitchen, so, I'm your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I love the dessert glasses.I am huge fan of desserts served in wine glasses/ goblets.All the best for your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. luks perfectly done...never feels bore 2 eat...yummy.
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such an easy dessert that would appeal to anyone...and good luck with ur assignments

    ReplyDelete
  20. inviting colors
    looks very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  21. How the studying going? Hope not too stressed.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My mom would make this for us all the time. My mom who was a working woman made this for us a s a quick , easy and delicious dessert, without breaking her back.
    Great idea! The glasses look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! This looks easy and yummy but loaded with calories..hehe

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete