Monday 21 May 2012

lazy cooks mango ice cream

 






Hi guys..........here I go destroying all the good will  I garnered because of those two fat free posts.This is not fat free..by a long shot but it is velly..velly goood....and velly ..velly easy.It's ice cream the way my mom used to make it(before the ice cream maker) ....Actually its a kulfi masquerading as ice cream, but,since it was called ice cream when I was little....ice cream it is!
INGRDS
condensed milk-1 tin
1 lt milk
2 slices of white bread
2 cups mango pulp
METHOD
1.Put the milk to boil in as heavy bottomed pan,till it reduces to 1/2.Add the slices of bread and condensed milk...stir a bit,let it come to a rolling boil,then take it of the heat.
2.Puree the mango pulp ,when the milk mix is cool enough to put into the blender....blend with the mango pulp(you'd probably need to do this in batches...unless you have a really huge blender!)
3.Pour this creamy mess into a freezer safe bowl..with a tight fitting lid..and freeze.
4.It's ready to serve when it sets!
NOTE
1.See me trying to cut some calories!........if you want ,when you're pureeing the whole mix together.you can add a cup of cream..I didn't and it still tasted great.
2.If you want a few drops of colour can be added......I didn't add coz I  wanted this to be totally natural(OK...who am I kidding.....I forgot)
3.If you wait 24 hrs to serve this...then you'll need to put your bowl in the refrigertator for a bit to soften the ice cream.
a bowl of mango ice cream
All fellow food bloggers do read this.
Hello from France
I am very happy to welcome you!
Your blog is accepted in the INDIA section in a minute!

On the right side with the books of green! You will find the country with the names of blogs by Country
The creation of this new blog "directory", allow a rapprochement between different countries, knowledge of different cultures and share traditions.et us different passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking, photography, poetry and so be able to find in different countries in other people with similar passions.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
The more people and more opportunities that will, yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog and your Country.
This is not a personal blog, I create for all to enjoy
It is you also have to make known after your contacts and friends in your blog domain, the success of this blog, depends all Participants.
So during your next comments with your friends ask them to come in the 'Directory' by joining in joining in our comments:
*** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
You want this directory is more important? help me to make it grow
Your blog is in the list INDIA and I hope this list will grow very quickly
Regards
Chris

35 comments:

  1. I tried kulfi ths way with pistaa.......ths also sounds yummyyyy.....will try soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!! :) Love mango ice cream..
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very popular method to make Indian mango ice cream... my mom used to make a similar mango ice cream with bread in my childhood days. Your ice cream sounds and looks absolutely mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea, using bread to make the ice cream..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ice creams are my fav. and mangoes are my fav. so mango ice cream is superb for this summer. looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely n yummy icecream......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't tried with bread slices yet,looks delicious n great way to reduce calories:-)

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and quick way to make icecream..loved the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Havent tried icecream with bread slices,sounds fantastic..Delicious icecream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely recipe

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is really to me.... Wil definitely try this method....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum!!! MAngo is my favorite fruit and flavor! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious... especially since it is mango, a favorite flavor. I have been out from blogging for a while. Missed quite a few of your recipes. So checking them out...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Simran, I remember my mom adding soaked bread to the kulfi to give a malai effect..

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! You are gonna make me fat with all these recipes ;)

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a very tasty ice-cream! Loved the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice post..Will try this for my kiddu..:-) Thank you.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one. I remember the mango icecream that my grandmom used to make (of course, not such a convenient one) and your post made me feel pretty nostalgic. Thanks to the ease of this one, I will possibly try it out. It is almost June, but am yet to find good mangos at a reasonable price in Hyd. Any pointers, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant, Simran! This is such a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. First time here..Nice blog with yummy recipes..I am following u,do visit mine when you are free..

    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  21. mango ice cream looks so delish....absolutely mouth watering dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. yum I love mango Ice cream. Yum I love mango to start with.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. yummy trying tonight...yeppie thanxz manisha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mango ice cream looks so delicious n yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the heat here is unbearable that we only are eating such treats. who thinks about the calorie and fat content. bring on everything frozen or chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks very tempting simran... going to make it for some indulgence :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks Simran for popping by to my site..you have a beautiful ice-cream recipe, I am all salivating. Following you too:-)

    ReplyDelete