1. 2 cups rice(i use basmati),washed and soaked in water for 1/2 an hour.
2. 2 cups methi(fenugreek) leaves washed and chopped fine.
3. 2 medium sized potatoes chopped into small cubes.
4. 3 mediun sized tomatoes chopped fine.
5. 8 cloves of garlic,pound together with 1 green chilli
6. salt to taste,1/2 tsp each of tumeric,black pepper and chilli powdr and 1 heaped tsp of corriander powder
1. In a kadhai(a wide heavy bottomed wok!),add 1tablespoon of oil(any veg. oil..i usually use olive pomace),add the garlic-green chilli,fry for a few mins,as the colour starts changing add the tomatoes and the spices.Fry this well,when the masala comes together...add the methi and potato..cover and cook till the potatoes are almost done(5-7 mins).
3.After about 12-15 mins check on the rice..it should be done.
4.I garnished with some grated coconut...serve with some raita,papad and pickle........or some lovely spicy chicken.